Tuesday, 27 April 2010

Dressing up for Spring.

Isn't it wonderful, how the woods dress themselves up for Spring? They seem to put on layers, a bit like us really . . . some shining, bright green, new leaves to brighten up a dark corner . . .

Hazel and hawthorn dressing up for May. . . .
Here and there , the blossom dancing on the breeze. . . . .

Poking through the dead leaves,the clever little Wood Anenomes, whose sweet faces follow the sun and close at night. . . Sweet Violets , favourite of Bees and Butterflies.

All the while, Rowan ran , crashing through the trees, coming back now and then to tell us what she'd seen and of course, to make sure we were still around.


Last week, Phoebe and I had a picnic in our local park, which is also dressed in it's very best clothes!




I did get on with some work last week, making some clothes for the Guardian of the Holy Wells on the Malvern Hills.


I'm trying to make some books which open to reveal the story of the wells, and a hiding place for the guardian's things. . haven't quite worked it all out yet. . . time is short, the builders are back and everythings upside down again. . .help!

I know. . . I'll take Rowan over the fields, that's bound to help!

9 comments:

Heather said...

It really is a magical time of year, isn't it? I love the images you have posted and the way you have presented them. Hope the builders don't disrupt life too much for you - it'll be worth it in the long run.

Jann said...

Hello! I came over here to visit after I found you mentioned on Dawn's (The Feathered Nest) blog. You have a lovely blog, and I've enjoyed reading your posts and looking at your lovely photos and your beautiful art! Have a wonderful day! Smiles, Jann

Wild Somerset Child said...

I've been away from blogging for a while but love this last post of yours - and the Wells at Malvern always inspire me. I can't recall if you are local to Malvern, but did you know that quite a few bloggers are meeting up at the Malvern Spring Gardening Show at the end of next week? Email me if you are interested and I will send you the names of the organisers.

Pamela Terry and Edward said...

Yes, it's such a treat that Spring fashion makes its way into the woods! Such a delicious time of year.

Clare Wassermann said...

aaahhh your photos are lovely - can you tell me how you made these pics look as if they are on a scrap of fabric??

La Dolce Vita said...

it is such a great time of year and you have captured it magically! can't wait to see your books...

rose may said...

Those photos are magical. The inspiration comes to me through those pictures with it's beautiful colors and stunning beauty.
-Canon digital cameras

Val said...

The last two pix are purely magical Annette - are they part of a book! Have the builders gone yet?
Hope you are well and enjoying the Summer weather.

Heathers Meadow said...

Annette, I have been roaming around Blogger today and stumbled upon your beautiful Blog. Thank you for sharing these lovely photos. they are truly inspiring. I think your puppy Rowan looks adorable "hiding" in the flowers. I hope you will stop by my new Blog "Heathers Meadow" and let me know what you think. I will be following you and can't wait to see what is next : )