Thursday, 31 December 2009

New Year Wishes

I stepped out into the garden this evening and saw this wonderful moon. . . . . she is so beautiful it sent shivers down my spine.
I love the moon, in all her many guises, but full and wintry, I think is my favourite.

As the old year draws to an end I wanted to send this message to all my blog friends,

"May 2010 bring good health and good fortune , may we all live quietly in peace and without fear."



Couldn't resist sharing two of my lovely Christmas memories. . . .

A thoughtful gift from my mum in law, plumpious, succulent clementines from sunny Spain.


Time spent with my family. If only every real baby were held as tenderly as this . . . . XXX


7 comments:

La Dolce Vita said...

what a beautiful post! happy new year! Cheers!

Arija said...

You have caught the blue moon ust beautifully.
Caring sisters are a wonderful institution.

I wish you the very best of what this life holds for the second decade of this millenium.

Pamela Terry and Edward said...

Wishing you a New Year just as lovely as this post!

Heather said...

What a lovely post - your photo of the moon is magical. I have tried so often to get one as good, but without success. It was particularly beautiful last night. I remember eating oranges in Spain on holiday one year, and the flavour was amazing. No doubt your clementines are just as delicious. Happy New Year to you and yours.

femminismo said...

That is a wonderful shot of the moon - floating along on our world's edge. Lovely girl holding the "baby" too. Yes, indeed, if each baby were treated as tenderly. The best in 2010 to you. - Jeanne in Oregon

Candace said...

A gorgeous photo with its myriad images and happiness, spilling out in those last two photos in particular. Clementines, yum!
And wasn't that moon spectacular? So beautiful it was breathtaking!
Happiest of days ahead in this new year.

Candace in Athens.

coral-seas said...

I also love the moon and am endlessly fascinated by it. I only caught a glimps of the New Year's Eve Blue Moon as it was cloudy in Amsterdam. It is said to be a auspicious. However, I saw the moon rise on New Year's Day after watching the sunset at the beach, so three of my favourite things :-). It was an enormous orange orb with the man-in-the-moon clearly visible. A joy to see.

Happy New Year.