Sunday, 8 November 2009

The last few plums.

My daughter and her family have purchased some land, about 3 acres in all, mostly old orchard.
It's wonderful, so quiet and peaceful, with evidence all around of little creatures and feathered things. . .
I found these last few plums, still good to eat.


There's quite a lot of work to be done, dead wood to be burnt, wonderful bonfire fuel. . . .

In a week or so, two new additions to the family will move into their new home.Two Welsh pony foals. . . . I can hardly wait and Phoebe has already chosen their names.
I promised some pictures of some of my students work and here they are.
Some are from Hereford and some from Bromsgrove 'Bookwraps' workshops, all, are I'm sure you will agree, fascinating and original work.






I hope that these talented ladies will send some pictures of the finished articles!

6 comments:

Pamela Terry and Edward said...

Three English acres, with plum trees and ponies. Just divine!!

Heather said...

Wonderful colours and textures in your first two photos - I particularly like those purple plums against the licheny twigs. Your students' work is fascinating - what clever ladies.

Arija said...

Goodness, I had such a lot of catching up to do. My automatic feed has not shown any of your posts since June!

You have done such wonderful things in the meantime and your daughters old orchard is divine.

femminismo said...

Wonderful work by your students and great photos of the plums and the fire. This looks like a good day for roasing some sausages over the fire and having lunch "on the job." - Jeanne in Oregon

Gwen Buchanan said...

gathering round a bonfire when the weather has turned cool is a favourite of ours... Fun!!

the fiber/fabric work is very inspirational!!! I hope to see more too.

YOUR CANINE COMMENTATOR said...

Your photographs are beautiful. And those Fairy Shoes are to die for!