Wednesday, 25 November 2009

A bit of help needed from the 'Garden Fairies'

Just a bit of help needed from this 'Garden Fairy', it's been so wet and our building work in the kitchen has revealed a 'damp' problem. . . . . . .



No matter, it's all fixed now, just had to dig up half the garden and lower it down a bit. Why does fixing one problem often lead to making another?



So . . . . being a bit horticulturaly challenged anyway, help from this fairy is definitely needed!


She's not finished yet, whatever she's sprinkling has yet to materialise!



Last week I went to Stroud Embroiderers Guild , we had a lovely day while it poured with rain and blew gales outside , we got down and messy inside.



The workshop was making 'A book in a Box' and here are a few of the marvellous things that appeared











Rowan has been taking me on loads of long walks, she loves the wind and the rain. Just as well really!
Her favourite trick just lately is to roll in fox poo or something else equally stinky, just before we get home. Try as I will, I can't see what the attraction is???


This is a favourite walk at Malvern, the hills in the background and Mum's house just around the corner.

Remember I said Rachael and her family were going to have some new additions?
Well here they are, two delightful Welsh ponies.

Lots of hard work and fun ahead, methinks!


They're doing really well, after just two weeks , coming up to us and wanting a fuss! Phoebe is so excited, three kids together .

3 comments:

Dolores said...

What a lovely interesting post. Great workshop and I love the felt you are working on. Those little ponies are darling - but then all babies are.

La Dolce Vita said...

your work is just amazing! I just found your blog while out surfing . thanks for sharing your walk with me! I have a couple of mini weiners that love goose poo, so I cna quite relate!

Studio Sylvia said...

Hi. My first visit arriving via La Dolce Vita. A lovely post. Fox poo? I know exactly what it feels like, when best friends roll around in things unsavoury. Took Zulu for a walk this morning and he found the biggest puddle of mud. He sat in it, he rolled in it and he lay in it! I bathed him yesterday. Needless to say, you know what I had to do before he entered the house on our return. Rowan is a good looking boy! Lovely photos of your countryside. Ponies are cute. Your textile work looks lovely. Love your banner.