Tuesday, 28 July 2009

Fairy Glen

Come with me please, for a quick stroll through Fairy Glen.
We need to imagine ourselves far away, in the northern parts of the Isle of Skye, near Uig.

The trees are all native species, Rowan and silver Birch, but somehow different. . . bent and stunted to fit neatly into this strange miniature landscape.

Fairy sized, conical hills appear . . .


with miniature lochs and a twisting lane. . . .

The sun was so warm and I was tempted to sit a while and snooze, something told me it might not be safe to do so. . .

10 comments:

Karen said...

What a magical landscape it looks. This is a place I must add on my list of places to visit. Thanks for sharing :)

Pamela Terry and Edward said...

Oh, isn't it just magical? I have always traveled to Skye in autumn, so it's a treat for me to see it wearing its green suit! Lovely!

Clare W said...

What a stunning landscape - I love those little hills - like funnels xx

Heather said...

What a magical landscape that is. I love the stunted trees and those little pointed hills. I am sure they will feature in your delightful dreamy embellished felt pieces.

Rowan said...

Lovely fairy landscape, are those barrows rather than natural hills? If so the fair folk live there for sure - you would be safe snoozing in daylight I think so long as you are polite and deferantial to anyone you met:)

Judy said...

Annette,

Lovely photos,perhaps not safe to snooze in a fairy dell like this, thanks for sharing.

Stephanie said...

I wondered the same thing as Rowan, yet I've never seen conical barrows.

annette emms said...

Thank you all for your comments.
The strange little conical hills in 'Fairy Glen'are, of course, miniature fairy mountains. . .well, that's what I like to think. On the other hand I think it could be a bit of freaky geological action going on here. . . x

Danielle Barlow said...

What amazing hills! I haven't seen any like that before. How lovely to visit Skye ....

KateW said...

So lovely! I keep your site on my blogroll, just so I can remind myself to come here and sigh with joy at ball of the lovely things you display.
I'm at Diamondsandtoads.com, by the way.