Sunday, 26 April 2009

Magic in the air. . . .

I know I am inclined to waffle on about the trees and the birds etc. etc., but . . . I just had to share the magic I found this weekend.

So, go on, make a cup of coffee and come for a 'walk' with me. . . It's sunny and warm and you won't need your wellies. . .

Early the other morning, Rowan and I went walking in the orchards,
The apple trees were buzzing with life. . .




Walking through the rows of trees , listening to the birds' morning concert.



Scramble down the bank in the little copse and I found these cowslips. Memories of childhood, when we would make 'Posy balls' with these charming wild flowers.
(Excuse please, the mish mash of photo styles, I have a touch of photoshopitis!)

Let's stand for a while and wait for the world to wake up. . . . . take in the view across the river Avon to the village of Offenham.
You can just make out the church in the mist, it's dedicated to St. Milburgha, a Saxon princess.

Yesterday, while Stratford upon Avon held the annual 'Shakespeare's Birthday parade', we went walking in the woods nearby. . .
Just inside the wood, look out across the meadow. . .


Now, take a deep breath and turn around . . . .

My pictures are no match for the real thing, the colour, the scent and the magic in the air.



We've brought all our dogs here through the years and Rowan loves this place as much as they all have.



Just before Christmas I told of the ancient, coppiced Lime trees to be found , deep in the woods.
Here are two of them, with their Bluebell carpet.
Tread carefully here, I'm sure this is sacred ground. . . the birds know it too, such sweet music.


Let's linger here. . . .

Explore some more, this way now. . . .



Rowan is worn out with chasing imaginary critters and my tummy says it's time to head home for a bacon sandwich. . . . coming? xxx

16 comments:

Hermes said...

No bacon thanks but I did enjoy your walk. There is a wood likie that near Frome and I must go and take some photographs. Great post.

M said...

Lool, no bacon for me as well, but I wouldn´t mind some smoked salmon.

I love the bluebells.
It is time for flowers and talking long flowers. My photographs are coming up pretty much as yours (meaning in thematic) as everything looks so amazing at the moment

Genie said...

Thanks for the walk.
have not had a chance to look for our local bluebells yet the weather has turned to rain.
have a great week

Penny said...

Wonderful walk, the blue bells look wonderful. Our walk was in rubber boots but at least it is wet, gloriously wet.

ruthie said...

beautiful, there is nothing quite like the delicious sight of a carpet of bluebells.

Heather said...

There is something special about ancient woodlands and those bluebells take one's breath away. I thought I was going to delight you all with my photos of them in the Forest of Dean last week but they weren't quite out.

Danielle Barlow said...

I'll have a bacon sarnie please, after a week of nettles!
Beautiful photos! My garden is awash with blossom - cherries, crab apples and the quince is almost out. It hums with bees when the sun is out :)

Susan said...

Yes, really magical photos. I would love to walk there - but at least I got to visually take a stroll :)

flyinamber said...

wonderful walk! the bluebell carpet is really amazing..we have bluebells here but not whole meadows of these as you have there..

Edda said...

it´s like a dream- magic and wonderful, thank you!

lorhen82 said...

You can take me on a walk any day!!! The blossomed apple tress and the bluebells are stunning! I wish I could join you across the pond!

Hugs,
Lori

annette emms said...

Hermes - thanks, don't forget to post the photos!x

M - Salmon it is then, would you like some Asparagus with it? mmm.x

Genie - the bluebells are extra special this year so do go . . .x

Penny -The rain must be like heaven after all that heat in your world.x

Ruthie, Heather - thanks for the comments.x

Danielle - your garden looks so special! I wouldn't mind being one of the little people hiding there. . .x

Susan - thank you.x

Flyinamber, Edda - thank you for your comments.x

Lori -bless you, you'd be most welcome!x

taylorsoutback said...

I can just imagine being on one of your walks...my long held dream - a journey to England. In the meantime, your blog is a delight and the bluebells are so lovely - one can almost feel the soft breeze.
Many thanks to both you and Rowan for sharing your woods.
Pat (mother to 3 spoiled shelties)

lynne h said...

annette, i was with you all the way... this woods makes my heart ache it's so beautiful. those lime trees! and what a gorgeous apple orchard... i grew up in what was at one time an apple orchard -- there were 6 apple trees in our yard. i'm pretty sure they're who planted tree love in my heart... xo

Bev said...

Wow what captures you got!!! I'd love to take a walk like that too. I have so much fun taking photos of the land around us, but never have I seen such beauty!!!
Thanks for sharing hon..

http://bevie2u2.blogspot.com

Tammie Lee said...

This is an amazing series of photos! Those flowers mixed with the trees is heavenly, sure wish I could smell them.