Wednesday, 8 April 2009

Happy Easter



The sun is shining and Easter is almost here, so I'd like to wish you all a very happy Easter.
I love this time of year!
Mike and I are going to spend a few days at Brecon , can't wait. . .
Some time ago I asked for advice about choosing a poem as inspiration for a series of work. Thank you so much to all those kind people who replied.
After much thought, I've changed tack completely and chosen a children's poem by Walter de la Mare, 'The Truants'.
Each verse speaks of children that '. . .Magic hath stolen away. . '
So I've taken a very light hearted look at this and here are glimpses of two of the pieces I've made.

I'm really enjoying working with my embellisher, lovely threads and fibres and Walter's words, of course.

15 comments:

Clare W said...

You can tell how much you enjoyed stitching that just by looking at it. xxx

Diane said...

What beautiful pieces, truly stunning!

Arija said...

Lovely work and Happy Easter to you as well.

Heather said...

I love these pieces, they are so beautiful and remind me of the work of Belinda Downes and Sara Lechner, though each of you is distinctive. Have a lovely holiday.

A Bun Can Dance said...

Oh wonderful pieces - I love them and I hope you'll post pictures of the others too. Your little people are delightful ! Happy Easter to you. Denise x

Chris said...

Happy Easter Annette

Jo Horswill said...

Annette,
I have just had the best journey through your posts, words and images. I am stuck on your neighbours cottage, thatched roof and all. I will dream of it.
Fields of flowers and your divine embellishments...have a wonderful Easter and time away in Brecon.
Jo xx

femminismo said...

These are beautiful combinations of figures and embellishments and text. You are a genius!

Pamela Terry and Edward said...

Love, love these!! Excellent choice of a poem, as well!

Edward and I send you our most sincere wish for a Happy Easter. Full of joy. Full of chocolate!

Cat (darklingwoods) said...

oh goodness, I'm completely smitten with this, the figures so sweet and expressive the fibers seem to have a life of their own!

kitty said...

Happy Easter Netty, miss you

Love Kitty xxxxxxxxxxxx

Jacky said...

Love these two pieces, beautiful work and I look forward to seeing more of "The Truants" inspired pieces. Your work with the embellisher is fantastic (wish I had one!!!).

flyinamber said...

these pieces are so lovely,Annett!
hope you had a wonderful weekend!

Robyn said...

These two pieces are enchanting, Annette. Hope to see more like them.

Nancy said...

I absolutely LOVE these little treasures! The child-like character reminds me of the children's book "The Little Prince". The color and spaces of no color, the texture and stitches beg me to look again and again! Hats off to your creative talent!