Wednesday, 26 November 2008

Short winter days. . . .

I love these days, where the wheel turns more slowly, night comes earlier each day and a sense of quiet anticipation whispers in my ear.

Dark, wet days when I need to stay in my nest . . . . and rare, dry, bright days when I love to roam.

The river Avon flows nearby and the riverbanks are some of Rowans favourite playgrounds.



I like to get home before night draws in and sit with a cup of tea, by the fire watching the sky darken.



The Solstice preparations will begin soon, small gifts to make, baking and all manner of magic everywhere. . .

7 comments:

Karen said...

Oh I love your photo of the rose hips and old mans beard. Beautiful
x

Arija said...

The one wish of my life is to have a river at the bottom of my garden in this dry, dry land. To escape my dieing garden we had a week away in the mountains and a taste of European November with a foot of snow overnight at our ski lodge. It was heaven!!!
I'm glad to be back again and have enjpyed checking out your recent posts.

Danielle Barlow said...

Your top photo, the old mans beard and hips, is absolutely, amazingly, stunningly, beautiful! All I can do is say WOW!

annette emms said...

Karen - bless you, the light was just right, so I was lucky!

Arija - sounds like you had a wonderful time.

Danielle - how kind you are,thank you!

Pamela Terry and Edward said...

Your photographs captured the spirit of wintertime perfectly!

lynne h said...

oh, annette, i am smiling here. yes, all manner of magic everywhere... xxoo

annette emms said...

Pamela - I just love this time of year Thank yo for your compliment.

Lynne - Bless you, I only have to think of you and I'm smiling!