Tuesday, 7 October 2008

St. Veep, yet another Dragon and a sigh of relief.


At last, I think I've managed to get my technical difficulties sorted. Well , in truth I have no idea what I did, but I think it worked. . .
So this post is by way of an experiment to see what happens.
The first picture was taken in the porch of the little church at St. Veep, near Lerryn in Cornwall.
If you click on the owl you'll see how cute he is, with his cobweby bits, fly decoration and funny little wooden eyes.
I love Owls, almost as much as Dragons. The one below appeared in St. Wyllow's church at Lanteglos-by-Fowey.

I've been in training this week, it's the Knitting and Stitching show . So. . .Jan and I are off to the Ally Pally on the coach.

(Forgive me please, that's the Alexandra Palace in London).

I will try not to buy anything that isn't on my list. Wish me luck.

8 comments:

Sue said...

I love owls, too! Am off to Ally Pally on Thursday and Friday (lucky me)(Mum lives near). If you see me wobbling on two sticks while carrying a large and colourful cat print shoulder bag, please say hello!

annette emms said...

Sue - Wouldn't that be great! You never know. Hope you have fun.

Chris' Shady Grove said...

Have a great trip!

Arija said...

I absolutely adore the little Wol and of course the dragon. Thank goodness you got yourself sorted.
Don't restrict yourself too much, nothing like regretting the must have item if you don't get it.
A bit like that gorgeous dress in the window with a price tag until christmas the year after. It's always best to try it on and see how ridiculous it looks on, the go home lightheartedly congratulating yourselt on the huge amount of money you have saved!
If you can follow all that, you're a better man than I am...

paulahewitt said...

what a lovely owl. have a fun trip

sharon young said...

You really do find the most charming animals, Annette, your owl would make a wonderful lino print.
I'm off to Ally Pally on Saturday so will have to keep a tight reign on my purse. So many things on the list already :-)
Have a great time.

Jo said...

Yes, a very lovely owl.
Enjoy "Ally Pally" Annette...list, what list!!! Oh the list yes but, I am looking forward to seeing the items you bought that were NOT on the list...

Pamela Terry and Edward said...

Ooh, have fun! Show us what you buy!

And I do love that owl. And, dragon!