Monday, 13 October 2008

Great Western Embroiderers

A while ago I mentioned that I was planning a new workshop, Making a 'Book in a Box'.
The Great Western Embroiderers kindly invited me to the Blackthorn Centre, near Cricklade.
The picture above shows the driveway up to the centre.

It's a super place to spend the day and ideal for a workshop, surrounded by fields and lovely Autumn colours.
I had such a nice time and I do hope the members of GWE didn't mind being 'guinea pigs'.

The plan was that we would make a concertina book from fabric, a box to keep it in and learn some of the ways in which we might decorate the pages.
There was so much to get done, lots of ideas flying around, people trying things this way and that. We definitely needed more hours in this day. . . .
On the drive home, I was thinking how lucky I am to be involved in all this.

6 comments:

Arija said...

Annette, it des give one great satisfaction to have appreciative student where you both walk away enriched.
Have you come across my daughter's latest book, but of course you have ËCO-COLOUR. She hates leaving the haven of peace which is our farm to teach, but always returns recharged in other ways.
So glad you had a lovely day of making little wonders.

annette emms said...

Arija - Yes, I know of India's book. I must try to get a copy, her work is much admired by many people. You must be so proud of her.

Arija said...

I belive it is out of print in the U.K., it is going into it's second edition here at present.

Stitching with Schnauzer and Siamese said...

Hi Annette
It was a lovely inspiring workshop.. thank you so much. I have blogged about it on the GWE website if you would like to read it.

www.greatwesternembroiderers.blogspot.com/
Best Wishes
Maggie

annette emms said...

Arija - thanks, I'll keep my eyes peeled!

Maggie - Hi! Thank you for the mention. I so enjoyed my day with you.

rivergardenstudio said...

What wonderful projects! You must be an amazing teacher...a book in a box... what a beautiful idea and the results are amazing! Roxanne