Friday, 3 October 2008

Exhibition plans.

The textile group I belong to are contemplating an exhibition, next summer in the Herefordshire town of Ledbury.
This is where my lovely Mum grew up, the setting for all those tales of a miss- spent youth!

The picture above shows the Market Hall, built in the 1600s. Somewhere I have a picture of my Mum, aged 16 standing just about where the red car is, in her Girls Training Corps uniform.(During the war , I think).

We met there this week, to have a look around, case the joint.
A bright sunny day made the travelling good but it was such a cold wind we soon scuttled into Mrs. Muffins' Tea Rooms .Once inside, I was held down and force fed hot chocolate with whipped cream and a chocolate flake. It was so thick I needed ( I mean they needed) a spoon to drink it.

Ledbury is a delightful small market town , it still has individual shops and a busy, friendly atmosphere.

Every summer they hold a really good Poetry Festival.

This is Church Street , a narrow cobbled lane where the Gallery we're hoping to use is situated.
At the top of the lane is the Church where my Mum and Dad got married in 1949, Mum keeps telling me she was a child bride. . . .
I do hope it happens, though then , knowing me I'll be thinking 'Why have I done this?' More stress.
Do you do that?Get really excited about something, then think Help?

6 comments:

em said...

Oh yes, all the time. There is always this head-on collision betwen dreamsand reality.
Margaretha

annette emms said...

Lovely to hear from you Margaretha, I hope you're well.
It's good to know that others feel the same!

Arija said...

I thought that was how one lived. If you never get excited about something, nothing would ever get done. In our family we do our best work five minutes before it is due!
Happy exhibiting, and when it's all over you'll sit back and say what fun it was.

Gwen Buchanan said...

Such a exotic street scene.. I simply love being exposed to it...

Force fed,huh??? funny!

sharon young said...

What a beautiful town and a wonderful setting for your Mum and Dad to get married.
Love those Elizabethan buildings.
Hope you get your blogging problems sorted.

annette emms said...

Arija, Gwen and Sharon, sorry for the delay, problem with my equipment.Thanks for your comments.x