Thursday, 28 August 2008

The Queen of hearts and another Dragon



Thought you might like these little guys.
I've just realised that I am getting a bit obsessed about dragons, can't help it, sorry!
These two pictures were taken in the spring when we went to Wirksworth in Derbyshire, to see the Well Dressing.
Inside the church I found the Queen of Hearts ( plus her grumpy old man) and a Dragon. . .
We're going away for the weekend, off to the woods again, near Ludlow in Shropshire this time.
Just before I go , here are the lovely blogs that I want to pass my awards onto.
(Sorry it took so long , few technical problems here).
Some of these are blogs I have recently found , some I've known a while, all are very deserving of their awards, do visit!
The awards are on my previous post.

8 comments:

Pamela Terry and Edward said...

Have a lovely time in Shropshire and thanks for the new links to visit!

sharon young said...

You can't have too many dragons :-)
Have a great trip, can't wait to hear all about it.
Lovely blogs and I'm so excited that you linked to India's blog, didn't know she had one, I just love her book and am stock pilings summer blooms in my freezer ready to start some natural dying, thanks so much for the link.

Jo Horswill said...

Annette, I am glad your obsessed with Dragons! because I get to see them.
Wonderful links...have been a big fan of Tumbleweed's...
Looking forward to our trip to Ludlow in Shropshire...:)

tumbleweed said...

what a delightful surprise to be given your kind seal of approval! thank you. now difficult bit is to decide who to pass it on to (especially as some of the recent previous recipients would have also been on my list)
toodle pip
India (the Tumbleweed)

Robyn said...

The good news is most of us are also obsessed with dragons.
Have a peaceful weekend in the woods.

lynne h said...

annette, yes, i do like having a look at these guys!! without your blog i would not have known that all of these delights existed. and even if i did see them in a book, somehow it's not the same as seeing them through the eyes of someone you 'know'. please keep showing us what you see...

Arija said...

Never in a million years have there been too many dragons. What a ridiculous thought! Dragons are the salt of the earth and the spice to imagination.
Thank you for your encomium. It will have to wait a little before I can focus the attention on it that it deserves. It amazed me that you saw fit to distribute largesse to both my daughter and myself at the same time. Can you put one and one together to get the requisite three?...I wonder.
I may be incommunicado for a while as we are leaving for Sydney to celebrate our son's birthday 1,000
miles away. We will drive in stages across the backwoods without internet access. We will be back for my eldest granddaughter's 21st. on the 14th.
Hope you will unearth more dragons by then.

annette emms said...

Dear ladies,Oh how kind you are! Thank you for all the encouraging comments!
I promise I'll keep on searching for dragons!xx