Saturday, 23 August 2008

I told you there are dragons everywhere.




The other day I said that I seem to find dragons everywhere. I completely forgot about this one I found in the Forest of Dean. It was worked by a chainsaw artist.

The mermaid on the back of a fish is also in the forest. I tried to make her 'clickable' so that you can see the lichen on her back.

Well, I'm feeling really chuffed today, which might not have been the case as I had to work all day and the sun actually shone all day, just like it really was summer. Anyway, the reasons for my chuffedness (new word I think) are below.

I am overwhelmed to have received two awards! The first is the I Love Your Blog award which the lovely Sharon , who is a very talented lady with whom I share many interests. Thank you Sharon, I'm honoured.


This award was given to me by Chris at http://shadygrovestudios.blogspot.com/ . This is quite a new blog to me but it's already one of my favourites, do have a look , and thanks Chris , I really appreciate the award.
Same rules for both -1. Put the logo on your blog. 2.Link to the person who gave you the award. 3.Nominate at least 7 other blogs. 4.Put links to those on your blog. 5. Leave a message on those blogs.

I would like to give the award to some of the new blogs I've found, well, new to me anyway.I'll have to really think about this and it's very late , so next time.



11 comments:

Jo Horswill said...

Amazing the detail the artist got with a chainsaw!
The mermaid is clickabilly gorgeous...
Congratulations on your awards...absolutely deserved!

annette emms said...

Thanks Jo! Did you notice the sun was shining as well!
The man who made the dragon was a fascinating character.He was HUGE! He was a freeminer in the forest, he told us that he had once been trapped by a roof fall in the mine, being saved in the nick of time by a fellow miner.He writes poetry as well as making these beautiful pieces.

sharon young said...

I love these sculptures, Annette, especially the mermaid on the fish.
We have a chain saw artist who lives near us and watching him create his sculptures out of the tree
stump is amazing.

Arija said...

Congratulations on your awards, they are well deserved.
Finally managed to catch up on your blogs. Skywatch has been soaking up far too much of my time.
I'm so glad you had such an enjoyable time with your visitors and dragons. Though a great dragon fan myself, I liked your rabbit find best.

Thank you for your kind comments, and I hope you make great strides with your book, or not if something more exciting crops up!

lynne h said...

this forest must be magical, annette...

Chris' Greetings from the Shady Grove said...

I can't believe that dragon was cut with a chainsaw. How beautiful! I'm such a sucker for dragons.

Robyn said...

That dragon is awesome! Amazing that it was created with a chainsaw.

Congrats on your well deserved awards!

Genie said...

congrats on your awards,
Love the dragon and Mermaid

annette emms said...

Thank you for all these kind comments. It's good to know that there are so many other dragon obsessed people out there!

Gwen Buchanan said...

Congratulations Annette!! you do deserve these... Your explorations are always so delightful... and these carvings are so fanciful.. Thanks for taking me on your walk..

annette emms said...

Gwen - you know you're welcome any time!