Friday, 11 July 2008

I seem to spend an awful lot of time loitering in churchyards, on this occasion I've been collecting angels.
The first is in the churchyard at Cleeve Prior, the village in Worcestershire where my daughter lives.This frosty girl is in the municipal cemetry in my home town of Evesham, the photo is courtesy of the local paper.
I love this grumpy angel with her mossy hairdo, she hangs out in the pretty churchyard at South Cerney in Gloucestershire.
Something really nice happened today.
I can't quite believe it, but I've been given the Brilliante Weblog award, by two people on the same day, how's that!

I really do feel most undeserving of this award as I'm new to all this, that said, I am completely chuffed and would like to say a big thank you to the two very talented artists who gave it to me., Jo Horswill and Robyn
If you don't already know their blogs, do have a look, you are in for a big treat.

The nice thing is that I get to pass the award on to some other blogs that I enjoy.
The rules are as follows

Put the Logo on your blog.

Add a link to the person who nominated you.

Nominate up to 7 other blogs.

Add a link to those blogs on your blog.

Leave a message for your nominees on their blogs.

There are so many fascinating blogs out there, I spent ages thinking about who to pass this award to and here's my list.

Chrissy at 'The Primitive Cornish Hovel'

Val at 'Vals Musings'.

Paula at 'The Beauty of Life'.

Nellie at 'Early Morning Thoughts'

Lynda at 'Purplemissus'.

If you have a chance ,do look at these blogs, they are all very different.

11 comments:

Jo Horswill said...

Loitering in churchyards is wonderful.
I spent a day once with my art class, sitting and sketching in a churchyard. It ended up being a moving experience for me, with some very moody sketches...I was amazed with all the symbology used on gravestones...
Love the "grumpy angel".

KernowWitch said...

What beautiful pics Annette...As a family historian I visit churchyards and cemeteries a lot...even with snow on the ground!!! There are some beautiful statues (some scary ones too) and interesting grave inscriptions to read. You captured some unusual statues...lol...Hugs Chrissy xx

sharon young said...

Congratulations on your very well deserved award, you have a lovely varied blog, always a joy to pop in.
I agree with your church yard loitering habit, I've spent many hours sketching and photographing in both churches and graveyards.
Beautiful angel and I love the top image, so simple.

Homeleightigger said...

I love all your angels Annette - is this more of the 'stuff' you are collating for your book on Cotswold Churches?
Thanks so much for nominating me for the Brilliante Weblog Award - you've made my day! Val

Mibsy said...

Congratulations on your award, you definitely deserve it for your beautiful textile art! and thanks for all the great churchy photos!

Robyn said...

I love the primitive angel at Cleeve Prior.
You definitely deserve the award...two of us can't be wrong. :-)

Annette said...

Jo - Thank you.There's an early 17th. century Quaker Meeting House not far from here, they have the most beautiful walled garden that is also their cemetry. It's an oasis in the middle of town and anyone can go and spend quiet time there.A lovely place to take sandwiches and sketchbook on a sunny afternoon.
Shall I make some extra for you?


Chrissy - thanks, I scare easy, so I'm always careful!
Some of those Cornish churchyards are bliss.
Glad you were pleased with the award, you deserve it!

Sharon - just think of the chin wag we would have if we ever met ! All those churchy stories and photos. Thank you.

Val - yep, the grumpy angel is set for my cotswold book. I'm having trouble focusing at the moment though,too many pots on the boil if you know what I mean.
I'm so pleased about your well deserved award.

Mibsy - thank you, you are too kind! I've been loving your Sunday Stroll posts, all your posts in fact. Keep them coming.

Robyn - Bless you.I am double chuffed. You would love Cleeve Pior church. It's real 'old England'. One of the gravestones is to a lady who died in the 17th. century, aged 204! The stone mason must have left too big a gap between the 2 and the 4 , then filled it with a squiggle that looks like an 0.
Oh, yes and I love your Owl!

paulahewitt said...

Thankyou!! I always enjoy your blog - i love the combo of textiles, gardens, photography, dogs..... and now graveyards! The best thing about these awards is following the links to new blogs

Inspired Tokens said...

I just discovered your wonderful artwork and I'm so glad to have found you have a blog. I'm searching for the Stitch Magazine, Issue 50 that features your fairy shoes and was wondering if you can direct me to any location which might have a copy or do you sell the pattern. I have been unsuccessful in finding issue 50 of this magazine. It's sold out on the magazine's back issue list.

rivergardenstudio said...

I love these photographs that you found in old churchyards! They are very beautiful, I have old churches on my mind as well... Roxanne

Annette said...

Inspired Tokens - Thank you for your lovely comments!
I'm sorry that you are unable to get a copy of issue 50 of Stitch magazine. I've had several enquiries about this , so I'm going to try to set up a downloadable pattern which I can sell on Etsy (for a very reasonable price!). Watch this space. .Annette

Roxanne - Thank you, churchyards are fascinating places aren't they!Right at the moment I am really coveting the sketchbook of your French holiday, it's beautiful.