Thursday, 19 June 2008

A good day.

Isn't it nice when you have a day that flows, especially when it takes you by surprise.
Today, for example, I had to take the car to Stratford upon Avon for a service. So? You might think, well, I was grumpy at the mere thought of a wasted morning.
But as it turned out, I had fun, mooching around the shops, bought some fabulous lime green silk, had coffee served by a charming Italian gentleman and the garage bill came to less than I thought it would!
When I got back Rowan and I went across the meadows and watched a family of baby Woodpeckers playing in the Buttercups,ah! Poor Rowan doesn't quite get the hang of being a gun dog.
Anyway, I eventually got around to printing off some images onto calico. It worked! (I need to explain that yesterday the printer had a paddy and wouldn't do anything.)


I took the original pictures in the church at South Cerney in Gloucestershire, the light was poor and I had to 'shoot' from under a table , but with a bit of fiddling I think I'm quite pleased with them. Not sure what I'll do with them yet but the wheels are turning. . .They could be the background layer of some pages for a book I'm planning about Cotswold Churches? or. .

Oh yes, nearly forgot, I called in at the Library and picked up Rose Tremain's book 'The Way Home'. So that was it, a good day and I've got something to read on holiday in Wales next week.

6 comments:

Mibsy said...

Yes, I do just love it when a day flows so favorably as yours did, it does help when the weather is agreeable as it has been lately. I think your prints on calico came out beautifully, I can't imagine how you do such a thing...very creative you are!

Homeleightigger said...

I love the fabrics Annette - how big are they - are your pix a closeup? Beautiful pages for your book.... Val

Homeleightigger said...

I love these fabrics Annetee - a book sounds a brilliant idea. How big are these pix - are they closeups? Val

Carol Stocker said...

Annette, what great images for your fabric transfers/printing. They could be used for so many things and the background to book pages would be outstanding! Hugs, Carol

Annette said...

Val. - Thank you so much.
The images are A4 size. Both were sections of photos which I enlarged, then printed on fabric.
Annette

Fairy Loulou said...

I love the fairy shoes. I have sent you an email about putting them in my gallery. Hope you see it. Warm wishes, Emma @ Cassiel Art, Rye, East Sussex