Sunday, 8 June 2008

Fairy Shoes workshop at Blue Ginger



I had such a nice day on Tuesday. We were
making Fairy Shoes at my friend Sue's gallery.

It's always fun working in amongst all the beautiful things on display.
Trouble is I always want to buy everything , who could resist these necklaces? I think the green and orange one was meant to be worn with my new 'posh' top. It's so pretty, the beads are made from small felt balls which have been sliced to reveal lovely patterns and colours inside.
There are lots of glass beads sewn onto the felt ones. Shall I buy it, what do you think?





Each little pair of shoes is different, I love how they are magically transformed, from shapes cut out of fabric, into beautiful footwear
The shoes are a bit fiddly to make ,but I love to play with a basket of precious 'goodies' as I decorate them. It's a chance to go really over the top!

Lunch was served in Sue's 15th. century farm kitchen. We had home made quiche and salad, followed by the most delicious ice-cream. I shouldn't have, but I did, to be polite. . . . As we wandered back to work the two Pot-bellied pigs were watching us through the gate. . . . . .

4 comments:

Catherine said...

Annette,

Thank you so much for sharing the pattern for the fairy shoes with us in Stitch Magazine. I have loved making them. Not having a sewing machine I am doing all hand emrodery on mine. It takes me a very long time to make a pair they way I am doing them.

Annette said...

Thank you Catherine,
I'm so pleased that you enjoyed making the shoes. I have had so much fun with them and such lovely comments. It makes it all worth while!
regards Annette.

Robyn said...

The fairy shoes on your banner are exquisite!

Jackie said...

I can't believe I didn't leave a comment last time I came here..so here's one..your fairy shoes are FABULOUS. Makes me want to have a go.