Wednesday, 11 June 2008

Cotswold Embroiderers Guild at Sudeley Castle

The Cotswold branch of the Embroiderers Guild are at Sudeley Castle (http://www.sudeleycastle.co.uk/) for two weeks from 7th.-21st.June. We're in the same room as the 'Threads of Time' Exhibition.

Various members are demonstrating different techniques whilst chatting to visitors and hopefully recruiting new members!
This lovely Stumpwork casket is one of the treasures of Sudeley Castle. Sorry the pictures aren't too clear but I had to take them through glass.

There are so many interesting things to see, including a display of costume on models of King Henry 8th and all his wives, including his widow Queen Katherine Parr, who lived at Sudeley after his death.

When I'd finished my stint in the exhibition, I went for a little wander around . . . .This picture shows the view through a window in the ruined banqueting hall.









Now this is nothing to do with Sudeley, but I just had to show you my fabulous necklace, made by a local artist Jo Dewar, she makes some really cool stuff.

Just a note to finish, have you looked at Maggie Grey's fantastic blog? There is so much on there, all sorts of juicy techniques and she's really funny with it!

2 comments:

Pat said...

Thank you for your comments, I am honoured. If take a look in the middlle of July hopefully you will find out why you have been in my life for the last couple of months!!!! I have added you to my bloglines,so i won't miss any of the beautiful things like your book.

sharon young said...

Hi Annette
How lovely to see you on my blog, and thank you for your comments.
I absolutely love these slippers, I always was a fan of Midsummer Night's Dream.
What a lovely place for the EG to hold a meet, I went to something similar in an NT house near Bradford and learned a lot from the great stitch demos.
You have a lovely blog I shall be back to spend more time here.